Sunday, January 6, 2008

E-Reality

Alright boys and girls, this is my first blog entry ever!!! and I'm gonna do y'all a favor and teach y'all a new vocabulary word! Today's vocabulary word is e-balls.

Main Entry: e-balls
Pronunciation: \ˈē-,ˈbȯlz\

Part of speech: noun
1. shameless boldness that a person only displays when his or her idenity is veiled by the annonymitity of the Internet.


Its important to point out that folks who have e-balls rarely display such shameless boldness
when dealing with people in the real world. I should also point out that the e-ball phenomenon isn't the only one sweeping the Internet. There are several other e-traits that people inherit when on the Internet. Check this list and see if any of these apply to you, or people you know.

The E-freak - y'all know what I'm talkin' about. You know- the chics (or the guys) who are always quick to tell you what they would do to you if they ever got you alone in a room, but when they finally do get you in all alone, they act all shy (and try to play it off as being coy

The E-Scholar - these are the folks who are always tryin' to school you. These folks are also now regurgiatate facts and statistics that they've read on the CNN news ticker and provide links to random articles and stories. In real life, the e-scholar is probably a college drop-out

The E-baller - The e-baller can typically been found on myspace; If its a male, his avatar is usually features a picture of him posing with a stack on money (50s on top 1s in the middle,) and beauty shop chain and charm. If its a female, she's usually sporting the best of Urban Couture (you know...Baby Phat, Apple Bottom). I.R.L. the e-baller has a prepaid cellphone, no cable at their crib, and lives off of Wendy's Dollar Menu.

Keep in mind that the above list isn't all inclusive, but according to my observations, those are the e-traits that are most prevalent on the internet. There are several occasion in which folks display their e-traits, whether it be breaking up with your girlfriend via text message or e-mail or spreading rumors about your ex-bfff via Myspace bulletins.

My point is, some folks sure do get bold on the internet and start to act out of character. My only advice to those folks is to quit living vicariously through your online personas, and grow some irl-balls, or better yet, get some irl-damn sense.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, I LOVE IT!

- yo' beezy

Anonymous said...

irl-damn sense is my favorite part!!
-santwon

Anonymous said...

Yo You are absolutly E-On it I can't wait for your Next Blog!!!!

That Girl Jonnie said...

Hey, thanks for the comments, y'all!

Unknown said...

Good stuff, I'm looking forward to reading more.

Unknown said...

LMAO!! So true! I'm definitely adding you to my blogroll!

Not Your Average Male said...

I know it's late, but I'm loving the introductory e-post.. lookin' forward to more!